Yale Restaurants: Places to Go
1. Geronimo’s- This restaurant is conveniently located near JE and Branford, and serves the BEST fresh guacamole, made tableside.
2. Frank Pepe’s - A true classic. The thin crust pizza is almost as good as the pizza in New Jersey. Plus, eating a meal at Pepe's is a bit of a Yale rite of passage (unless you're a diehard fan of Sally's Apizza).
3. Salsa Fresca- They are an inexpensive option, and often run special promotions for students ($5 meals). Their quesadillas are nearly unbeatable and one order of nachos could feed an entire Farnam dectet.
4. Junzi-- Junzi is a quick service restaurant near The Shops at Yale that serves Chinese bings and noodle bowls in a "design it yourself" style similar to that at Chipotle.
5. Koffee- Coffee with a K is one of the best coffee shops near campus. It is a bit of a hike, located in Siberia with TD, but their iced latte (served in a mason jar) is really good and they serve the best muffins.
6. Tropical Smoothie- Right next to PWG, TroSmo pretty much always has a line-- for a good reason. They have lots of fresh fruit smoothie options, which nearly every combination of fruit imaginable.
7. Arethusa-- The ice cream at this place is indescribably good. The waffle cones are baked fresh, and the scent perfumes the entire shop. In addition to being delicious, Arethusa has invented its own mathematical measuring system where you pay for one scoop if you order "one scoop two flavors," which translates to two generous scoops of two flavors of ice cream for the price of one scoop. After years of trying to puzzle this out, my roommate and I decided that you don't have to understand the logic to benefit from it.