Five Skin Care Tips From a Non Beauty Guru
My college roommate (and eternal partner in crime) is a full-fledged beauty guru. She watches YouTube videos, has one of the most extensive make-up collections I have ever seen, and is an expert at trying new looks and doing make-up for herself and others. I am nowhere near her level when it comes to beauty tips and tricks. However, I am knowledgeable when it comes to skin care because I needed to learn, through trial and error, how to take care of my skin.
Skin care is genuinely so important. When I was in high school, I used to moisturize my face with hand cream. HAND CREAM- I shudder to think of it now. I didn’t know the right way to take care of my face. As a result I did not have clear skin, and I slathered my face with foundation which only exacerbated the pimple situation. Luckily, I figured out how to help and take care of my skin.
1. Cleanse with a face wash that doesn’t irritate your skin. I like this charcoal face wash: https://www.amazon.com/Biore-Charcoal-Acne-Cleanser-Ounce/dp/B01NAH0EDX
2. Use a wash cloth to apply a liquid exfoliator to smooth and clean your skin. I use one from Clinique: https://m.clinique.com/product/1573/15503/3-step/step-2-exfoliate/clarifying-lotion-3
3. Apply a face mask every other day. Face masks give your skin nutrients that help keep your skin clear, bright and fresh. My skin is extremely sensitive and the face masks I use are from Biobelle: https://www.ulta.com/my-diary-of-beauty-secrets-facial-masks?productId=xlsImpprod14071360
4. Apply a toner to reduce inflammation and revitalize your skin. Toners should include antioxidants and retinoids to calm and hydrate your skin. This step is the one I splurge on a little; I use this toner from Chanel: https://www.chanel.com/us/skincare/p/141390/le-tonique-anti-pollution-invigorating-toner/?gclid=CjwKCAiAqqTuBRBAEiwA7B66hfuN5pQ_c3M8fgZQlHiP-pH0Nx1fOIRaeEIpWUXfQNIDe8YJwUZkrxoCgPEQAvD_BwE
5. Moisturizing is incredibly important, but your moisturizer should not clog your pores. I really like Clinique’s moisturizing gel because it is incredibly light while still hydrating my skin. https://m.clinique.com/product/1570/5047/3-step/dramatically-different-moisturizing-gel?msclkid=4a434c0784471a27d9cf11ce12badeaf&gclid=CNfXma_U4uUCFQaugQodW3UCtw&gclsrc=ds